L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr Assoc, Production Planning Job Code: IMS20201405-45579Job Location: Greenville, TXJob Description:
Production Planning converts engineering drawings into work instructions and bills of materials driving procurement, shop fabrication, assembly and HDL installation. Plans, prepares, handles issues, controls production schedules, and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. This position is within thePlanning Organization as a Production Planner that will support all Structural Manufacturing fabrication shops.Essential Functions:
- Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedule equipment and personnel and confirm material supply and demands.
- Prepare work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with quality assurance; manufacturing; purchasing; engineering; inventory control; traffic, etc.
- Schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders; stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of two (2) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to read and interpret structuraldesigns/schematics in multiple formats.
- Knowledge of structural component symbols.
- Ability to translate structural data into work instructions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Position requires the ability and willingness to support any shift.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with SAP preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.