L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Associate, Integration / Test EngineerJob Code: IMS20200705-45338Job Location: Greenville, TX
Responsible for supporting integration, test, and calibration activities on complex ground/airborne electronics systems on numerous programs.You will demonstrate success by:
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Subsystem pre-operational checks in accordance with applicable engineering documentation.
- Configures/prepares LRUs and subsystem components for single and multi-thread interface and operation.
- Accomplishment of subsystem and system level Ground Test Plans.
- Insertion loss testing of RF harness assemblies per released engineering and technicalspecifications.
- System and subsystem troubleshooting to component level.
- Identifies subsystem LRU failures and takes appropriate troubleshooting actions to repair, replace, and retest when necessary.
- Identifies hardware, software, and firmware anomalies and recommends repair/correctiveactions via several enterprise software applications.
- Supports EMI/Tempest testing of various airborne subsystems.
- Supports software and hardware development integration activities.
- Aircraft pre-flight activities to ensure system and subsystem flight readiness.
- Uses several types of test equipment to perform various subsystem and system level troubleshooting and test functions:Local Area Network (LAN) Test Devices, Network Analyzer, Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR),Digital Multimeter,Oscilloscope,Frequency Counter, Function Generator/AWGs, Signal Generator,Spectrum Analyzer,Power/Watt Meter, Fiber Optic Test Devices.
- Employs several COTS and organic software applications to complete test activities.
- May be required to perform in-flight duty as observer on several airborne platforms.
- May be responsible for the preparation and/or review of engineering documents.
- Advises and assists in effecting design changes to improve operational capability, equipmentefficiency, and reduce cost of operation.
- Frequent technical interface with various functional organizations, as well as local and offsitecustomers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with zero to two years (0-2)experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Candidate must be willing to travel both CONUS and OCONUS up to 25 percent of the time.
- Must be willing to work multiple shifts.
- Candidate shall possess thorough analytical and troubleshooting skills and be able to communicate well via verbal or written means.
- Experience with Mission/communications systems aboard military airborne and/or ground based platforms.
- Ideal candidate would be able to pass a FAA Class III medical exam, duties may include flying.
- Candidate must currently holda U.S. DOD Secret Security clearanceand the ability to maintain that clearance, which requires US Citizenship.Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOD Top Secret Security clearance with SCI is required.
- Strong applicable test environment experience.
- Experience with RC135 platforms
- Strong work ethic; maintaining a sense of urgency to ensure obligations are met.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.