L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: The IMS segment Engineering Excellence & Improvement Champion works to define plans, to provide key enablers, to drive implementation of the E3 (Excellence Everywhere Every day) Engineering projects to deliver savings, and to increase the skills and knowledge of the Engineering organization in DFX, COPQ and Value Engineering. This role will work closely with deployed Engineering E3 Leads and Engineers to develop robust training programs along with coaching and mentoring opportunities to support the implementation of E3 projects and the realization of the savings. The Segment Engineering E3 Champion will be responsible for facilitating improvement events and will use assessment tools to gauge deployment and to implement key actions to deliver business goals. To be successful in this role, an individual must overcome the obstacles of change and have a strong ability to translate the theory of continuous improvement in engineering to practical application, while articulating the future state and benefits of tools. The E3 Champion must have an engaging leadership style with the analytical ability to assess current state and gaps to enable improvements, and have a detailed focus for accurate reporting to enable successful implementation. This role will report directly to the Engineering Operations leader. Essential Job Functions & Duties
- Manage the E3 process within the IMS Engineering Segment including goal setting, project pipeline management, identification of focus areas, project plan reviews, status reporting and presentation materials preparation
- Facilitate process improvement events including the design, preparation, facilitation and follow up after events to ensure delivery of the business results
- Serve as SME and train others to use the engineering tools of process control, PFEMA, process capability, APQP, PPAP, DFX, COPQ, Value engineering, process mapping, problem solving and risk assessment.
- Lead the use of engineering tool kits to ensure robust technology, product/software development and product/software/process improvement
- Support the development of training curricula, training materials and templates for engineering excellence in the areas of continuous improvement, DFX, COPQ, value engineering and lean product development
- Teach/support blended training programs to equip trainees with theoretical and hands on experience of using the engineering excellence tool kit
- Coach and lead practical problem solving activities including the collation and analysis of data, root cause analyses, design of experiments and lead projects to implement change for complex problems
- Liaise with the E3 engineering champions in finance, operations and CI personnel at the segment, sector and division level to ensure cross-functional effective communications and alignment through the sharing of best practices throughout the organization
- Monitor progress using assessment tools and help define the strategic goals to continue to move the organization forwards
- Engineering degree from an accredited college or University preferred
- 10+ years' experience working with large multi-site functional teams to develop, train and improve processes using lean philosophy, design for X, process control, DFMEA and PFEMA, preferably in the engineering area
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possesses strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to teach, mentor and coach people on the lean development and business process improvement approaches
- Experience of agile software development
- Strong facilitator to design, lead improvement events and track the completion of actions after the event is concluded
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience producing executive summaries and metrics for progress reporting and to communicate opportunities/focus areas
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Black belt or green belt certified or equivalent
- Lean product development experience in a large complex engineering organization
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Able to sit for prolonged periods and use a computer/keyboard
- Ability to hold training and improvement activities
- Ability to follow the business process and manufacturing flows to collect data
- Typical office environment, as well as time in the manufacturing operations areas
- Fast paced, result-driven environment
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary
- Travel required (50% or more)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.