L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Associate Image Science EngineerJob Code:IMS20201305-45538Job Location: Tulsa, OK (Aeromet)L3Harris -Aeromet is a Division of Integrated Mission Systems Segment and main office is located in Tulsa, OK. L3Harris-Aeromet is established within the DoD Community as the developer and operator of special mission ISR systems. We provide special mission system design, modification, and operations with emphasis on the development and integration of state-of-the-art EO/IR sensor systems.Job Description:
L3Harris Aeromet has an opportunity for an Image Science Engineer working to apply Data Science techniques to our advanced EO/IR mission systems and processing tools. We are seeking a skilled engineer with a capability to work with full motion, multi-spectral video to produce new capabilities that will be deployed to a number of environments. The successful candidate will join an engineering team developing statistical learning models and real-time active, passive, and multi-spectral optical systems in support of the national defense.Essential Functions:
- EOIR Image Processing in real-time architectures
- Evaluation and optimization of ML/DL models for target hardware
- Data Curation/Analysis
- Model Architecture research and development
- Pipeline Development/Data Engineering
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. Citizenship and must be able to obtain a DOD security Clearance
- Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience using unsupervised learning techniques such as PCA or Clustering for exploratory data analysis.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience using supervised learning techniques to train and test ML/DL models.
- Experience in PythonExperience with a modern Deep Learning framework e.g. Keras/Tensorflow, PyTorch
- With experience in modern scientific libraries i.e. Numpy, Scipy
- With experience in modern scientific visualization i.e. Matplotlib, Networkx, Plotly
- Experience with a modern Machine Learning library e.g. SciKit Learn, Tensorflow
- Experience with a modern Image Processing/Computer Vision libraries e.g. Opencv, SciKit Image
- Language Experience in C/C++, R, Matlab/Octave
- Database management
- Experience with Optimization/Quantization libraries for Model deployment e.g. TensorRT and OpenVINO
- Experience with HPC languages/frameworks e.g. Cuda, OpenCL
- Experience with low-power processing architectures (e.g. NVidia Jetson, Intel Movidius)
- Experience in model development/deployment lifecycle.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.