L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: QA Inspector IIIJob Code:IPSCJob Location: Tulsa, OKJob Description:
Inspect maritime switchgear and components both in-process and final inspection while maintaining safety rules and regulations.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for performing inspections, tests and/or audits of purchased parts, units, materials, equipment, panel/module level assemblies and quality control programs to specifications.
- Interprets manufacturing drawings, diagrams, specifications and lists to approve or reject units, test setups, or systems for in process or final assemblies.
- Observe and obey all safety rules and signs posted in the work area.
- Keep the work area clear of trash and clutter to improve efficiency, morale, and promote safety.
- Develop a working knowledge of the product through reading and understanding the requirements of the Engineering Drawings, Specifications, and Standards referenced on the Engineering Drawings.
- Work Instructions may be used during the inspection process, however if a conflict exist between the Work Instructions and the Engineering Drawings, the Engineering Drawings have precedence over the Work Instructions.
- Inspect individual unit of product to determine if the product meets all stated requirements.
- If a product fails to meet the documented requirements or when discrepancies are encountered, complete a discrepancy report. The type and number of discrepancies must be clearly defined in a manner consistent with the documents used to make the determination that a discrepancy exists.
- When a check list is made available, complete all items included on the checklist.
- As necessary, communicate with personnel during the process of correcting discrepancies to ensure the desired results.
- Maintain support documentation and performs sampling and testing of incoming components, raw materials, and build of assemblies.
- Review and reports performance data.
- Determine or assist in determining methods and procedures necessary for inspection.
- Work under limited supervision and may be a resource to other employees in areas of proficiency.
- Perform other duties as required within incumbent's abilities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or Associate's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Military experience or an industry certification may be considered for candidates with experience.
- Work is performed in a shop environment.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering Drawings, Technical Standards and Specifications.
- Skill in the usage of all needed inspection tools.
- Familiarity with generators and/or diesel engines is preferred.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.