L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: About L3Harris Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Segment
Integrated Mission Systems includes intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced electro optical and infrared solutions; and maritime power and navigation.With projected revenues of approximately $4.9 billion. The Role
The Integrated Mission Systems Sr. Director Mechanical Engineering is responsible for providing the technical direction and leadership for the IMS mechanical engineering organization in support of segment and company growth objectives.This leadership role oversees engineers across multiple IMS sites and is the primary Mechanical Engineering Interface for the segment Primary Responsibilities
- The IMS program leadership team and other cross-functional members of the segment leadership team. Develop roadmap for discipline to meet the current and future business needs
- Evaluate key technical risk areas and ensure proper engineering best practices are followed across the Segment
- Generate/approve discipline cost estimates for proposals and estimates at completion (EACs)
- Ensure knowledge sharing of best practices across the Segment and develop/monitor technical standard to ensure adherence to them. Collaborate with peers on Segments to partner on initiatives and leverage talent across the wider organization. Establish and deploy common tools and processes for the discipline
- Stay abreast of new technologies and issues in the industry, including current technologies, platforms, standards, and methodologies; develop and implement strategies to meet emerging technology trends. Participate in industry and technology boards and associations as a representative for Harris
- Drive quality of engineering output/products and lead continuous productivity improvement throughout the organization, leveraging the E3 Program (Excellence, Everywhere, Everyday); establish and use metrics in measuring the effectiveness of the organization
- Lead employee engagement across the segment
- Manage overhead budgets for the discipline to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of work
- Program execution - ensure technical rigor adherence
- Own mechanical engineering resource utilization across the segment, identify trends, align goals (hiring, recruiting, and assignments) to the business AOP & SGP to ensure headcount and skillset needs are met. Continuously develop leadership and collaborative team building. Build critical skills in discipline. Build solid succession plans for leadership and key technical roles
- Establish, measure and hold teams accountable for organizational goals and objectives
- e3identify opportunities & drive improvements to achieve segment financial objectives
- The Sr. Director, Engineering is aligned with the IMS segment, and is responsible for helping drive the revenue of this organization ($5B+)
- Bachelors degree in relevant engineering discipline, Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years experience working with large multi-site functional teams, in the mechanical engineering discipline with demonstrated success in managing remote populations
- Demonstrated history of recruiting, retaining, and promoting world class talent; develops staff members to optimize their potential and the performance of the discipline and the company
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense
- Change agent with demonstrated examples; comfortable vigorously challenging the status quo
- Ability to take calculated risks, achieve success or fail quickly, learn and move ahead
- Proposal experience; competitive proposals is highly desirable
- Significant development program experience; turn-around program experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possesses strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Self confident with exceptional influencing and leadership skills
- Candidate can be located at any Integrated Mission Systems location hub
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.