Job Description Facility:
Lea County Correctional FacilityCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Performs overall daily maintenance of the library to include, ordering, cataloging, classifying, circulation, and maintaining all library periodicals, books, and materials. Provides information and assistance on use of the card catalog. Maintains acquisition of selected books.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, organizes and supervises the circulation of library materials.• Supervises and trains detainee library aides.
- Recommends library procedures and regulations for the Center.
- Selects library books, periodicals and materials for purchase. Develops and maintains a balanced collection appropriate to the needs of the assigned detainee population.
- Conducts library inventories. Prepares, maintains and reports appropriate records pertaining to circulation, inventory, newspapers and magazines.
- May conduct library orientation for classes in coordination with instructors.
- Assists in preparation of library budget.
- Prepares and submits special reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in library sciences or related field or provisional/professional Librarian Certification required.
- One (1) year work experience and/or training preferred in the operation and maintenance of a small institutional library required. Must have overall knowledge of library operations, procedures, and structures as evidenced in work experience.
Posting ID: 558254466Posted: 2020-05-21