This position is CONTINGENT upon contract award. Our recruiting team will follow up with you on your application. Our hiring team will not start the interview evaluation process until award.
Jacobs is seeking a Junior Telecommunications Equipment Installer and Repairer who provides operation/support to the GCCS and ADSI systems. While also providing system analysis and assessments of specialized telecommunications systems, networks, or components. Qualifications :Qualifications
- HS Diploma; Security+
- Senior Communications Expert and former Special Forces Communications Sergeant with 20+ years of military and industry expertise in the operation and employment of Radio, Satellite, and IP Network communications systems.
- Background serving as the Ktah Khas Signal Mentor that Trains, Advises, Assist, Mentors (TAAM) the S6 section on all aspects of communications.
- TAAM in the operational use of VHF and HF tactical radios, incorporation of PACE plans into communications packages, integrating IT into daily activities and operations through the use of MODNET, employment of communications infrastructure, frequency management, identification of communications vulnerabilities, communications and signal security, development of COMSEC procedures, and Tactical Operational Center S6 Operations.
- Demonstrated experience creating Training Support Packages (TSP) and writing Program of Instructions (POI) for communication classes to increase capabilities and student understanding.
- Reconfigured the Tactical Satellite Data Network to enable the AN/PRC-5D radio to cross-talk with the AN/117G radio, an achievement not previously accomplished within Special Operations Task Force-South.
- Selected from more than 35 Senior Special Forces Communications Sergeants as the Battalions NCOIC of the battalion's communications section (S-6).
- TS/SCI clearance required.
#I2S #SITECJ #MOIPEssential Functions
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.Work Environment
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.Attendance
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Posting ID: 558254491Posted: 2020-05-21