Job Description The Special Operations Guard ("SOG") mission is "to deter, detect, and respond to potential or active threats directed at Wynn guests, employees, and property. While on duty, it is the expectation that SOGs operate with a high level of professionalism, vigilance and display proper discernment during all interactions".
SOGs must attempt to provide protection from any element, factor or situation, which may jeopardize the welfare, security, and integrity of employees, guests, and Wynn and Encore property and assets. In addition to providing a safe environment, SOGs perform all duties in accordance with the Wynn policies, procedures, Core Behaviors and Brand Values.
SOGs are responsible to report and/or respond to suspicious circumstances/individuals, possible thefts, safety hazards, medical emergencies, and damage to Wynn property and assets. SOGs are trained to react to all types of potential lethal threats such as, terrorist acts and active shooters, as well as, a variety of emergencies such as fires, crowd control, riots, demonstrations, evacuations, and daily response scenarios on property. SOGs must be proficient and experienced in physical security and anti-terrorism measures. SOGs must also be proficient in, firearms handling, emergency first aid/CPR, the use of force continuum, elements of deadly force, intermediary weapon application, de-escalation techniques, access control, defensive tactics, and application of federal, state and local laws.
In addition, to security operations SOGs are required to provide guest service, which may include providing directions, recommendations, and general assistance, within the normal limits of their assigned duty. SOGs will conduct themselves in a professional, courteous, and respectful demeanor in all situations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions will be conducted in accordance with the Wynn policies and procedures, as well as department specific guidelines. SOGs have specific responsibilities to include, but are not limited to the following areas and criteria:
PERSONAL CHARCTERISTICS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- SOGs will conduct quarterly proficiency and development training, including a firearms training and qualification and close quarter combat training, and may be terminated if not completed within the department specific guidelines.
- SOG will conduct a visual inspection of every individual and item entering their vicinity for potential threats.
- SOGs will be assigned to designated posts throughout Wynn property, which will include static and roving duties.
- SOGs will investigate and respond to any significant incidents in their vicinity, or incidents requested by the Security Communications Center and their shift management.
- SOGs will take charge of incidents that require a higher operational skill level, such as incidents involving weapons or suspects known to illicit physically aggressive behavior.
- SOGs will relay all operational changes during incidents to the Security Communications Center and request additional assets when needed.
- SOGs are required to provide medical assistance, to any employee or guest, in accordance with their medical training, until proper local medical response units arrive and take control of the emergency.
- SOGs may be required to assist civil and law enforcement authorities in administrative proceedings and provide voluntary statements, in reference to involved incidents, up to and including testimony in court.
- SOGs will appropriately document all incidents, in accordance with, the security department guidelines, to include voluntary statements and department specific incident/reporting requirements.
- SOGS will greet all guests and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- SOGs must be able to facilitate guest requests and complaints, in accordance with their assigned duties.
- SOGs must remain in compliance with all Wynn policies and procedures and department specific guidelines, to include the attendance policy and firearms qualification policy.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance, including good hygiene and grooming standards.
- Set the department standard and act as a role model/leader for all security personnel and other department employees
- Must have the ability to provide a safe and secure property and provide an excellent guest experience, simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently, while conducting assigned duties, and quickly work as a team when responding to incidents and while conducting training.
- Must be team oriented, promote a positive work environment, display team pride, and work well with other departments.
- Must be tactful, tolerant, confident, skillful and artistic when interacting with Wynn employees and guests.
- Must be able to assume the role of authority when necessary, to mitigate risks.
- Must be able to foster a positive, ethical and fair work environment, while treating others with respect and dignity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in oral and written format, with all departments and employees.
- Must be able to exhibit sound judgment and realistic understanding of issues/incidents, review facts, and weigh appropriate options and opinions of others on the team.
- Must be able to adapt to different values, cultures and backgrounds when dealing with difficult individuals or situations.
- Must be able to build and maintain trust amongst leadership, subordinates, peers, and within the Wynn Security department.
- Must be flexible and willing to try new operational methods to progress the SOG program and maintain the lead in the hospitality security industry.
Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to obtain and possess a valid Nevada Gaming Registration, an Alcohol Awareness Card (AES), First Aid & CPR certifications, must acquire a valid Nevada Driver's License upon employment and must be eligible to obtain a Nevada Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit.
- Must attend a range evaluation and demonstrate safe firearms handling procedures and proficiency during required training/qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of military or law enforcement experience or relevant experience. Honorable discharge required if applying with prior military experience.
- Must be capable of passing routine physical and mental exam (s).
- Upon employment, must relocate to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required, college graduate preferred.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently and professionally. Additional languages are welcomed.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, along with a working knowledge of basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook email etc).
- Must be able to work and stand inside/outside during all weather conditions.
- Must be able to physically restrain individuals when the condition to detain exists.
- Must be able to respond in a controlled demeanor during stressful incidents and potential crisis situations.
- Must be able to run, bend, stoop, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry heavy loads, maneuver up and down stairs, and maneuver quickly on level and uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs. and potentially drag or move individuals/objects of unknown weight during emergency response or crisis incidents.
- Must be able to read and write in fluent English. Additional languages are welcomed, but not required.
- Must be able to remember and depict details of incidents in written and oral format.
- Must be able to articulate actions conducted during incidents to peers and leaders.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, variable noise levels, flashing bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to train and learn the SOG operational standards within the first two weeks of employment and have the ability to train and sustain to the standard throughout employment. Training standards include: use of force, firearms application, defensive tactics, mechanical restraints, search procedures, expandable baton, crisis and emergency response.
Wynn Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Wynn Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.