Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Class A CDL Yard Jockey who will join our Vance, Alabama manufacturing team!
The yard jockey operates a Jockey Truck and Trailer in a safe and efficient manner, following all state and federal DOT regulations as well as all company policies and procedures.What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Ensures the shipment is correct and in good condition, and stages the trailer in a timely manner.
- The Yard Driver is responsible for moving all drop trailers in/out of dock door locations in conjunction with shipping/receiving instructions.
- Yard Driver is accountable for performing his/her duties consistent with the values and mission of the corporation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly and safe work area. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA, MSDS, and any trade organizations.
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring the integrity of the inventory of inbound and outbound trailers while minimizing errors.
- Perform and document pre and post shift safety inspections.
- Complete yard check daily.
- Ensure all trailers are segregated per internal processes.
- Lift and open trailer doors.
- Frequently bend to place and remove wheel chocks.
- Safely enter and exit yard tractor numerous times per shift.
- Safely maneuver equipment with good backing skills.
- May also assist in warehouse responsibilities as needed including forklift operation. Skills and qualifications
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Must be able to safety operate : Jockey Tractor, Trailer, Forklifts.
- Class A CDL - HM not required
- Safe driving practices and procedures.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 DOT recordable accident in the last 3 years
- Ability to read and write English and to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of State and Federal DOT Regulations.
- Pass random drug and alcohol screenings in accordance with State and Federal DOT regulations
- Medically qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle
- Ability to lift 55 lbs or more
- Ability to work overtime and some weekend hours during peak season
- Safely maneuver a tractor and trailer combination vehicle in a compact yard area.
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- 12 SMG paid holidays and generous vacation policy
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Posting ID: 558254507Posted: 2020-05-21