Job Description Facility:
ARIZONA STATE PRISON - FLORENCE WESTCompensation Base:
17.50Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Working with inmates within a correctional setting. Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations and group sessions
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming inmates as required.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum B.A. degree, preferably in human services or C.A.A.P. (Certified Associate Addiction Professional Licensure) preferred. 4 years experience in substance abuse education may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 558254531Posted: 2020-05-21