Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor
who will grow at our Chester, South Carolina
Growing Media (Soil & Mulch) manufacturing facility!
If you enjoy leading a team of highly effective individuals in a fast-paced and high energy work environment then you will thrive as the Production Supervisor on our Chester team. The Production Supervisor will have a considerable impact on the plant's overall performance and customer relations of the company.What you'll do in this role:
The perfect person will have:
- Collaborate with a strong and high performing leadership team, including the Office Manager and Plant Manager.
- Supervise a large workforce of hourly full-time and temporary associates performing activities in one or more of the following are: production, equipment maintenance, building and grounds maintenance, warehouse, distribution, and/or field operations.
- Get your hands dirty by operating equipment side-by-side with your workforce.
- Plant productivity, including involvement in goal setting for the plant, and planning and execution production goals.
- Assign work and monitor progress, execute staffing needs, evaluate associate work performance and drives accountability, & coordinate scheduling to meet business needs.
- Execute and enforce government, company and/or plant laws, procedures, and/or policies.
- Ensuring quality and quantity standards are achieved in a cost effective and efficient manner along with the availability of materials and supplies; problem solving quickly when things do not go according to plan.
- Communicate, implement and monitor safety programs and procedures.
- Foster a team environment and ensure positive associate relations to maintain a union-free environment.
- Prepare and/or maintain various logs, records and reports, such as production, maintenance, inventory, etc.; may purchase supplies, parts and/or equipment; may assist in developing and monitoring the budget.
- Assist the Plant Manager in directing the overall operation of the plant, performing special projects as needed.
What you'll need to be successful:
- B.S. degree in engineering, business management, operations management, supply chain management or a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years overall manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role is highly desired, specifically experience in associate development and safety.
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas is required: manufacturing, distribution, raw materials purchasing, inventory planning controls management, sales and customer service.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing including continuous improvement, team building, safety, associate relations, quality, and customer service.
- Good oral and written communication skills and strong leadership skills are required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced environment and the ability to manage, motivate and train others to achieve required goals.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- 12 SMG paid holiday and generous vacation policy
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Posting ID: 558254558Posted: 2020-05-21