Job Description Facility:
CDCR PLACEMENT REGION 2Compensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.We are hiring! Our facility is conducting telephone interviews at this time.THIS IS A FULL TIME FIELD BASED POSITION IN SAN JOSE WITH REPORTING TO MAIN OFFICE IN CAMPBELL 2-3 TIMES A MONTHSummary
This position is the direct provider of casework services to the participants in residential and out patient treatment programs including placement assessment, case planning, case management and interfacing with DAPO. The Case Manager to participant caseload ratio shall not exceed 1 to 50, unless prior written approval is obtained from DRP.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides interactive services to the STOP participants.
- Conducts placement assessments with participants.
- Develops Behavioral Change Plan (BCP) with participants.
- Develops and monitors the participant's progress relative to their BCP through
all phases of the program.
- Makes appropriate referrals to outside agencies as necessary.
- Maintains progress notes in ARMS database.
- Keeps the AOR apprised of participant's progress.
- Develops discharge and aftercare plans.
- Documents participant case notes and uploads required information according to GEO and CDCR
- Conducts monthly BCP reviews and updates in collaboration with participants.
- Ensures implementation of the specific program treatment/intervention modality under the
direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor.
- Manages and coordinates individual participant services through appropriate referrals and CBP
- Collaborates with participant to identify a network that will support the participant's reintegration
into the community.
- Assists, as directed, the Compliance Administrator and Clinical Supervisor in conducting and
following up on community-based provider audits.
- Participates in all training provided for STOP staff; prepares schedules, reports, or other
information required for the program and requested by the STOP Program Manager, Clinical
Supervisor, Compliance Coordinator and/or CDCR personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of case management experience working with criminal justice populations.
- Valid driver's license required
- Possession of an Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) preferred.
- Understanding of a variety of models including cognitive behavioral therapy, theories of addiction and dynamics related to substance use and other criminogenic risk factors.
- Ability to recognize the importance of family, social networks, and community systems in the treatment and recovery process.
- Knowledge and the ability to comply with program documentation requirements, applicable ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- Ability to conduct assessments and/or evaluations, which serve as the basis for CBP placement.
- Ability to provide services appropriate to the personal and cultural identity and language of the participant
- Ability to tailor program services to the Participant's stage of dependence, change, or recovery.
- Ability to appropriately use strategies from accepted and culturally appropriate models with participants with substance use and other criminogenic risk factors.
- Ability to establish rapport with participants including management of crisis situation and determination of need for additional professional assistance.
- Ability to facilitate the participant's engagement in the treatment and recovery process.
- Possession of the case management skills necessary to implement the case plan, consult as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, and assess ongoing treatment planning efficacy.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 558254583Posted: 2020-05-21