Jacobs is seeking a Technical Writer for our government customer located in Vienna, VA. Candidate must have an active Top Secret clearance. Anticipated Award Date: June 30, 2020.
- Write and/or edit technical documents to include business Quotes, reports, user manuals, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements, using advanced skills Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio).
- Ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
- Provide technical leadership on group projects.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables
- Consult relevant information sources to include library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information and to verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Participate as an effective Scrum team member focusing on quality of product and supporting multiple custom enterprise applications delivered by multiple application development teams.
- Attend daily Scrum meetings to discuss daily sprint activities and objectives.
- Master's, Bachelor's and/or Associate degrees are preferred. Exceptions may be made as follows:
- Master's degree with two years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree with four years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate's degree with six years of relevant experience; OR
- 8 years of relevant experience, unless otherwise noted.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Posting ID: 558254640Posted: 2020-05-21