Jacobs has a need for a Data Analyst in Vienna, VA.
Data analysis and reporting support for FBI TSC internal customers and other government agencies. Translates functional business requirements and generates deliverables which provide the customer with insightful and summarized reports.
• Create Ad-hoc reports using SQL in Oracle database as requested by clients
• Intermediate Level skills in Excel (understands how to use simple formulas and run macros)
• QA reporting results of team members to ensure accurate findings are delivered to client
• Translate reporting requirements to developers in order to implement new reporting database objects
• Batch match large amounts of client data against the current database records
• Generate SQL scripts and QA data for effort to translate SQL based reports into xQuery based reports
• Perform extensive data analysis with SQL Oracle DB to internal and external stakeholders
• Define, analyze and translate functional business requirements into report query building
• Generate detailed, complex analyses and provide concise, insightful executive summaries from business questions
• Perform research, queries, and retrieval of data from multiple disparate databases containing all possible data types.
• Perform extract, transform, and load (ETL) tasks.
• Generate complex reports for senior management in a variety of formats.
Skills and Qualifications(must include minimum years of experience and education):
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of structured query language (SQL)/NoSQL.
• Must have experience with ORACLE and NoSQL database administration,
• Must be capable of translating business rules into technical requirements.
• Must be proficient in reading, creating, and maintaining data mapping documentation.
• Must be able to demonstrate experience investigating data quality issues.
• Must have experience with data modeling.
• Must have experience with business intelligence.
• Must be able to accurately represent customer requirements.
• Must have excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent technical writing skills.
• Must be able to work in an operational environment where priorities change frequently.
• Minimum five years relevant experience in a development/data warehouse or business intelligence environment development/data warehousing environment.
• Minimum three years experience with ETL tools.
Minimum Education & Experience
•Master's degree preferred in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline with two years of relevant experience in database administration OR
•Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline with four years of relevant experience in database administration OR
•Associate's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline with six years of relevant experience in database administration.
•Eight years of relevant experience in database management and applicable certification.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Posting ID: 558254643Posted: 2020-05-21