Jacobs is seeking a Top Secret cleared Test Engineer. The position is located in Vienna, VA. Anticipated Award Date: June 30, 2020.
- Plan and carry out difficult and complex assignments and develop new methods, approaches, and procedures.
- Interpret IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Conduct analyses and recommend resolution of complex issues affecting the specialty area.
- Evaluate and recommend adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services.
- Test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
- Identify and define business or technical requirements applied to the design, development, implementation, management, and support of systems and networks.
- Ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
- Review Quotes for the acquisition of IT products or services.
- Provide technical leadership on group projects.
- Use QuickTest Professional, LoadRunner, Selenium Tool Suite, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
- Write, implement, and report status for system test cases. Analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports, serve as subject matter specialist, and provide testing knowledge for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications, using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio).
- Participate as an effective Scrum team member focusing on quality of product and supporting multiple custom enterprise applications delivered by multiple application development teams.
- Attend daily Scrum meetings to discuss daily sprint activities and objectives.
- Analyze requirements and design test plans to prioritize test activities for each iteration.
- Provide assistance to the development team for scheduling and maintaining of the resources needed to perform automated testing.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated and manual test scripts.
- Analyze and document test results and recommend user story adjustments.
- Perform validation after deployment dry run.
- Perform new functionality and regression testing throughout the sprint cycle, including load testing.
- Validate proposed system architecture and run test procedures to ensure that the user stories are met.
- Perform the daily tasks of a Scrum Master, supporting team's daily activities by providing liaison between external technical groups as necessary.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated and manual testing methods to confirm operational software is defect-free and design objectives are met.
- Master's, Bachelor's and/or Associate degrees are preferred. Exceptions may be made as follows:
- Master's degree with 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate's degree with 6 years of relevant experience; OR
- 8 years of relevant experience, unless otherwise noted.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Posting ID: 558254646Posted: 2020-05-21