Jacobs is currently interviewing qualified candidates for this role to support our customer in Vienna, VA. A Top Secret clearance is required.
Anticipated Award Date: June 15, 2020 Job Description:
- Install and troubleshoot Windows 7, Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012, Active Directory and various software applications including the full MS Office suite.
- Create tickets with basic user information and forward to the Tier 1 Service desk queue for further evaluation.
- Answer initial calls for all user issues at the customer including IT, Security and Facilities issues in the building.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot IT hardware and software components (workstations, monitors, keyboard, mice, printers, switch boxes and any other associated devices); Connect printers to applicable network.
- Present formal and informal training and assistance to customers.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of a full range of customer support services to the organization
- Monitor ticketing queue and work on assigned tickets.
- Resolve all issues based on priority for unclassified and classified networks.
- Communicate effectively with users and update tickets with all relevant information.
- Escalate issues to leadership as needed including after hours and weekend sending emails and calling on call support.
- Support on-site shift operations 24/7/365.
- Maintain access to email accounts, mailboxes, distribution groups, personal storage tables (PSTs) and calendars.
- Assist with hardware decommissioning.
- Serve as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, computer systems, printer issues and multiple unclassified and classified networks.
- For issues related to customer-specific networks, create tickets with basic user information and forward to the EOC Tier 1 Service desk queue for further evaluation.
- Create, unlock and disable Active Directory accounts. Account creations include external networks.
- Communicate with incoming and outgoing shifts to relay important information on open issues.
- Push non-standard software via current tool to users.
- Issue Public Key Infrastructure Certificates and security tokens.
- Provide data recovery and folder access on multiple networks.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) and external groups when needed.
- Erase, reload, and maintain hard drives with the standard baseline software.
- Act as a Registration Authority in support of access control systems.
- Update virus definitions on all systems.
- Perform hourly application checks on mission critical applications and troubleshoot as applicable.
- Additional Tier 1 duties as assigned.
- Shall have one year of experience in a Service Desk support environment working with multiple system classifications.
- Shall have two (2) years' experience in Customer Service.
Active Top Secret Clearance NeededEssential Functions
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Posting ID: 558254663Posted: 2020-05-21