Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
The Senior Inspector will:
• Observing, inspecting, and documenting both underground utility, water/sewer installation, road reconstruction construction activity as an Owner's Representative
• Completing daily inspection reports to document that the work is being reported accurately and completely
• Ensuring compliance with design plans, specifications and permit requirements
• Ensuring any changes to the work made in the field are reflected on the record drawings for the project
• Coordinating with third party materials testing firms for concrete, soil, and weld testing
• Notifying Contractors immediately of all new Change Orders and Time and Material work; ensure tracking and signing tickets daily for all Time and Material work; ensure that Change Order work and Time and material work is accurately documented on Daily Inspector Reports.
• Display strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines and oversight of a team of sub-consultants.
• Assist Environmental, Health, and Safety Professionals with site safety verifications of the Contractor work activities, notifying contractors of, and documenting concerns.
• Coordinate with City personnel, client, contractor, and project stakeholders during projects
• Prepare sketches for work performed and daily quantities on the inspection report.
• Performs daily dusk and dawn patrols
• Inform the Resident Engineers of any field potential changes that might impact the cost or the progress of the project
•Minimum 15 years' experience in supporting technical inspection work in a construction environment, specifically construction specifications, drawings, and documentation required
•NICETIV Certification Required
•Experience working with municipal agencies or utility infrastructure organizations required
•Proficiency in the use of computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
•Must possess the physical ability to move around an active construction site
•College or Associates degree required
•Experience with NYC DDC required
•Accreditations and certifications through ICC, ACI, and AWS other special inspection areas
•Proficient with web based construction document management platforms
•Excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results
•Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
•Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, and strong data analysis & technical problem solving skills
Posting ID: 558254675Posted: 2020-05-21