The Registered Dietitian position will provide in-patient clinical services and outpatient counseling as well as community outreach and education. The Registered Dietitian will play a key role in providing patient nutritional assessments, education, treatment plans and support of the Pioneer Homes food program. This position will report to the General Manager of the Pioneer Homes. Travel will be required to other Pioneer Home facilities across Alaska.
**This position is based in Anchorage, AK. Travel will be required to the various Pioneer Homes across Alaska.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient nutritional assessment, education, and information on disease processes, medications and treatment plans for outpatient, inpatient and the Diabetes Program. Pertinent information is recorded in the patient's medical record.
- Plans, implements and facilitates tobacco prevention and health programs throughout the Pioneer Homes.
- Responsible for following NMS department procedures and corporate polices.
- Provides in-service education to staff as required.
- Coordinates and promotes care of clients with other health care professionals in order to improve health.
- Works with the NMS Regional Dietitian to provide nutritional consultation for food services.
- Consults on new nutritional product selection.
- Assists in the review of Pioneer Homes nutrition-related policies and departmental procedures with Inpatient, Diabetes Program, and Food Services staff.
- Reports all nutrition-related risk concerns to Compliance and investigates/follows up on all department-related nutrition risks as applicable.
- Directs patient nutritional Performance Improvement initiatives. Tracks and reports accomplishments. Develops and oversees quality activities related to patient nutrition education and assessment.
- Maintains full compliance with the laws, regulations, grant terms, and Pioneer Homes policies pertinent to the department. Assists Pioneer Homes in meeting all applicable accrediting body standards and CMS Conditions of Participation. Actively avoids fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Ensures activities align with and support the NMS and Pioneer Homes Strategic Plans.
- Responsible for attending facility in-service training as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A registered dietitian with a valid/current dietitian license; Alaska license preferred.
- Must always be able to maintain a professional standard of ethics and professional dietary practices.
- Observe confidentiality regulations established by the Pioneer Homes.
- Knowledge of effective teaching processes and principles in planning, providing and evaluating optimum health care.
- Experience, training, and knowledge in physical health education with ability to set up and facilitate health promotion classes and programs is preferred.
- Proficient skill set with Microsoft Suite applications.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under the NMS vehicle insurance policy.
- Must possess at least two (2) years of experience working as a Registered Dietitian.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Occasional exposure to harsh weather conditions; requires work be done both inside and outside
Noise level: Moderate
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment: This is located in an assisted living setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: This position requires travel up to 25% of the time. Employee may travel to remote areas and may be required to use alternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs.
Competencies NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org