Project Manager FLSA Status: E
KDC Inc.; dba Dynalectric Los Angeles has been a recognized leader in the electrical industry for the past five decades, contributing to some of the most important and recognizable commercial and industrial projects in Southern California and nationwide. We provide a full-spectrum of services, from conceptual budgets and value-engineered options, to fast track, design/build, large pre-designed owner-occupied facilities and transportation systems. Dynalectric is an EMCOR Company. EMCOR Group is the world's largest provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction facilities. Job Title:Project ManagerReports to: Group 1 Manager or as assignedJob Location & Core Hours:
Los Alamitos Office, M-F 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Job assignments in the greater Los Angeles area will be considered.Job Summary:
Dynalectric (Los Angeles, CA) seeks a Project Manager to be responsible for managing projects from start-up to closeout under the direction of a Senior Project Manager or the Group Manager. This position requires experience within the Electrical Construction Industry in both the transit (horizontal construction) and water/waste-water sector. This position requires a thorough understanding of project contracts, project scheduling, job cost accounting, client management and safety. This individual maintains full financial responsibilities of the project and must understand construction financial and accounting practices.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Develop and maintain project budgets.
- Build and maintain project schedules.
- Create and manage subcontracts related to project needs.
- Utilize, evaluate and continually improve the company systems and processes to meet customer requirements
- Communicate with both internal and external customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and after project completion.
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting.
- Oversee invoicing per project terms, price and negotiate appropriate change orders.
- Ensures accurate and timely project documentation, including but not limited to, RFI's submittals, time records, and general project correspondence.
- Coordinate with the Superintendent and Project Field Staff to determine proper resource staffing.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering OR Electrical Trade Diploma plus a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the Electrical Construction Industry.
- Experience with Accubid, Live Count, Bluebeam including proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully inspire and lead a project team.
- Proven capability to work collaboratively internally and externally to the project team,
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Posting ID: 558254766Posted: 2020-05-21