University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Agent for our Los Angeles/Orange County, CA location. The Purchasing Agent has the responsibility and authority for the procurement of all project-related materials as requested by the assigned project personnel.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: This is not intended to be neither a detailed nor comprehensive description on any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee.
- Locating and procuring materials at the lowest installed cost that will meet the project requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and evaluate quotations completed by various vendors as a prerequisite to initiating a formal purchase order.
- Ensuring information on purchase orders is correct, complete, and accurately reflects the specific requirements of the material requisition.
- Contact vendors to follow up on the status and/or backorders when requested.
- Selecting vendors that will provide the best value based on price and past proven performance.
- Completing and maintaining appropriate documents, logs, and correspondence that support the procurement function.
- Obtaining sufficient information on products to provide assistance in the submittal preparation process.
- Update and maintain current market pricing of standard project-related materials for both purchasing and estimating personnel.
- Use the estimate as a tool for comparison on materials to help eliminate the risk of cost overruns.
- Input purchase order information into Vista (Viewpoint) and VCM.
- Provide purchase order numbers and Master Subcontract Agreement Work Order Authorizations for project and field personnel when requested.
- Assist with pricing material and equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
- Review invoices directly related to all purchase orders issued ensuring accurate costs are invoiced by vendor.
- Identify, coordinate, and document nonconformance with products and/or services to resolve problems or implement corrective action.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide corrective action to identified problems.
- Locate new or alternate sources of materials.
- Maintain positive and constructive relations with vendors and client representatives.
- Assist in the training of assistant purchasing personnel.
- Attend various meetings including turnover meetings to become familiar with projects, get a sense of general scope, requirements for equipment, subcontracts, material, and prepare reportable information.
- Assist other Purchasing Agents when required on subcontracts, professional agreements, and master subcontract agreements.
- Assist with Monthly Vehicle Reports, registration for company vehicles, and GPS monitoring reports.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in HVAC & Plumbing purchasing procedures preferred. Significant knowledge of ductwork, pipe, valves, and fittings for the HVAC & Plumbing industry preferred.COMPUTER SKILLS
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. Viewpoint/Vista preferred.REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Thorough knowledge of ductwork, pipe, valves, and fittings.
- Thorough knowledge of the purchasing system as it currently operates.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a requirement.
- Extremely high level of ethics when conducting purchasing transactions.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, plans, and drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures correctly.
- Ability to work independently under various levels of pressure.
- Ability to effectively respond to a wide range of urgent requests and changes on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, products representatives, project and jobsite staff, and office personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office with changing demands and aggressive time deadlines.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, vendors, and suppliers.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.#CB2
Posting ID: 558254834Posted: 2020-05-21