Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The Tax Analyst assists with tax compliance and other tax related issues including tax return preparation. The Tax Analyst works on federal, state, city, income, franchise, and excise tax support as well as any audit support. This position also assists with responding to federal, state, city, and excise tax notices as well as other tax support related projects.
- Assists with tax compliance including various federal income tax returns, state and city income/franchise tax returns, excise tax returns, and personal property tax returns.
- Assists field and corporate operations with various sales and use tax compliance and audits, personal and real property book expense and account reconciliations, unclaimed property, and/or excise tax related compliance.
- Provides support for federal, state, city income/franchise, excise tax, and personal and real property tax audits and appeals.
- Responds to federal, state, city, and excise tax notices.
- Provides support for various tax projects including tax research, tax modeling, fixed asset accounting, state apportionment, and other miscellaneous tax related projects.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Master in Tax, business or other advanced degree.
- 1 year of recent corporate tax or public accounting experience.
- Experience with tax software, preferable CorpTax.
- Experience with tax research software, preferable RIA or CCH.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).Posted Date:5/19/2020 8:04:43 PMJob Type:ExemptReq #:R-020654Location:AZ-Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way (85054)Job Category:Accounting
Posting ID: 558254875Posted: 2020-05-21