Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The Account Manager is responsible for proactively maintaining and retaining relationships with existing customers for permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory. Additionally, the Account Manager is required to increase the level of penetration in his or her existing customer base by selling the full suite of Republic Services products.
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building effective long-term relationships and customer loyalty.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company's available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
- Performs contractual re-signs on existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
- Responds to all cancellation requests in alignment with the established escalation policy.
- Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of company pricing initiatives.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities such as calls, meetings and proposals.
- Responsible for capturing customer emails, minimizing rate restrictions and customer credits.
- Increases customer penetration by selling full suite of Republic Services products.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
- Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address customer services issues.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Waste or transportation industry experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 years of relevant sales experience. (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant sales experience. (Required)
- Valid driver's license. (Required)
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).Posted Date:5/14/2020 5:05:46 PMJob Type:ExemptReq #:R-020539Location:OH-Columbus-933 Frank Rd (43223-3856)Job Category:Sales
Posting ID: 558254878Posted: 2020-05-21