Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.Job DescriptionPRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Apply online or submit resume to Republic Services, Inc., E. Duross, 18500 N. Allied Way, Phoenix, Arizona 85054. Reference Position Number: 107064-000067.
- Assist with establishing policy, procedures, training and guidance on engineering and environmental compliance.
- Implement programs to the field in connection landfill liquids handling, treatment and disposal.
- Provide leadership and technical support in permitting, design and construction of leachate treatment facilities, as well as due diligence during acquisition for waste management assets.
- Use environmental and process engineering tools including flow and mass balances to troubleshoot and develop action plans to improve performance of leachate treatment facilities.
- Develop initiatives for the development of leachate and groundwater treatment technology to improve operational efficiency and enhance environmentally sound solutions.
- Confer with local and state regulatory agencies to address and help resolve national/local environmental quality standards, industrial practices, and new developments in wastewater treatment.
- Keep abreast of pending regulatory development through reference sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Environmental Management, Biology, Chemistry or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in industrial wastewater treatment design and operations.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).Posted Date:5/20/2020 6:04:50 PMJob Type:ExemptReq #:R-020850Location:AZ-Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way (85054)Job Category:Engineering & Env Compliance
Posting ID: 558254919Posted: 2020-05-21