The Sr. Director of Facility Services provides leadership and direction to six facility services (construction) managers. As a team, you provide exceptional facilities support to 600+ properties across multiple states. Reporting to the VP of Facility Services, the position oversees processes and methods to ensure effective CapEx management on over 50M square feet and partners with the VP to continue the growth of a world class facilities organization. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years multi-location construction/facility management experience expected.
- Experience in managing multiple facility service/construction managers and real estate due diligence required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead and manage change.
- Strategic thinker, highly organized, analytical with problem solving skills and capable of managing multiple assignments.
- Experience in Construction Management is a plus.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.Extra Space Storage
- Ensures the successful execution of all annual construction improvement projects (capital expenditures).
- Ensures capex projects maintain the correct scope of work, are delivered/completed on time and within budget.
- Conducts formal monthly facility service reviews with east coast Facility Service Managers covering each site at least quarterly. Reviews and acts on the following information as often as necessary dependent on property performance and general market conditions:
- Make recommendations relative to future facility services and construction management programs for the Company, region and specific sites, maintains value and quality of all assets.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement of systems, processes, methodologies and training to improve efficiencies and personnel.
- Manage and coordinate due diligence process for new and acquisition properties including preparation of capital expenditure projections.
- Serves as a contact for third party owners and asset managers for joint venture partners.
- Set, roll-out and maintain brand standards across the portfolio. Responsible for remodeling stores.
is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we've taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better! Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team. Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posting ID: 558255010Posted: 2020-05-21