With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 20,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behringis a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Technology Transfer Lead role is accountable for planning and successful execution of technology transfer of plasma and recombinant products and intermediates. This leader will be responsible for oversight and management of a cross-functional team of SMEs in a matrix model. This role will have a wide focus requiring an understanding of how to integrate the activities of numerous areas of technical, operational, and business expertise and align them toward accomplishing common goals. Qualifications
- Member and contributor to the global center of excellence with best practices,strategies and frameworkfortechnology transferbased on current regulations, industry standards and industry practices forbiopharmaceutical products.
- Collaborate with External Supply Integration to align tech transfer planning and methodology with external partners with documented governance, communication plans, project management tools, and other ways of working.
- Establishes project-specific roles and responsibilities of the Tech Transfer Team in alignment with global standards and best practices. Develops documents describing tech transfer policy or procedures, interfacing where necessary with External Supplier Integration, Process engineering, Operations, QA, Regulatory Affairs and other functional leaders.
- Collaborates with functional leaders, project teams and governance committees to integrate technology transfer project objectives with other portfolio objectives, such as capital projects, external partnerships, and regulatory strategies.
- Develops and maintains integrated project plans, including schedule, metrics, budget and resources for technology transfer project activities.
- Prepares and presents plans, proposals, and progress reports to senior management, and governance committees.
- Lead and facilitate technical process/facility fit assessments.
- Employ a proactive, risk-based approach to project execution. Coordinate regular risk identification, assessment and mitigation within tech transfer teams. Escalate risks and issues that are beyond the scope of the tech transfer team.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or other related technical field.
- 7+ years working in development, commercialization, and/or operations of pharmaceutical products and processes with 4+ years of experience in matrix team leadership and biotechnology process transfer.
- Creation and management of integrated project plans using MS Project.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects and cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict management skills to influence technical experts and stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Involvement in cross-functional, multicultural and international teams
Competencies:Customer Orientation (Internal/External):
- PMP certification and Lean training are a plus.
Creates companywide strategies to stay ahead of industry-related changes. Drives alignment across the enterprise in order to serve customer needs. Spends time internally and externally with customers and stakeholders and genuinely seeks to understand their needs. Enterprise Results and Value Orientation:
Looks for outcomes that maximize the benefits for the enterprise, not just their department or function. Pursues value realization for the enterprise even if their function does not benefit. Collaboration and Influencing:
Champions a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork.
Collaborates effectively with others and influences all stakeholders towards enterprise outcomes. Embraces conversations needed to deliver enterprise value.Priority Setting:
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus. Problem Solving, Creativity and innovation management:
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis. Interpersonal Savvy:
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Project mgmt., organization, understanding tech & ops, matrix mgmt., influence, negotiation, compromise, and communication. Capabilities
Worker Sub Type: