United States of America City/Cities:
Waco Travel Required:
00% - 25% Relocation Provided:
No Job Posting End Date:
Not Available Shift:Job Description Summary:
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities
- Ensure efficient operation of equipment on production line as assigned.
- Ensure equipment is supplied with required materials, (e.g., labels, adhesives, chemicals).
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance duties as required.
- Perform the quality inspection functions for ingredients and finished products to assure product quality and package integrity is within specifications.
- Perform quality checks and accurate quality documentation as required.
- Set-up and calibrate test equipment.
- Prepare testing reagents.
- Place product and raw materials on hold and complete hold notifications as required.
- Perform 5S/MSS/GMP activities and inspections and follow up on deficiencies for correction.
- Perform audits as assigned
- Perform SAP functions as needed
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Work directly with cross-departmental personnel and management to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including immediately correcting or reporting safety issues to your supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and correct machinery or quality problems during operation.
- Read, understand and comply with standard operating procedures and Safety Data Sheets.
- Able to participate in team assignments.
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and take or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Able to set up and changeover equipment independently in an efficient and effective manner.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Able to explain and demonstrate job tasks to all internal and external visitors.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1- 2 years' experience in manufacturing, preferred.
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking for continuous periods, including 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours.
- Ability to bend, lift and/or twist.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to grip, grasp, and squeeze materials, parts, hand tools, and products.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
- Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements. This may include overtime and weekend work as necessary.
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
- Ability to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling, manufacturing, and warehouse environment.
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
- Personal protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform requirements.
- Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals.
- Cleaning equipment and chemicals.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other Company locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and supplies
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Visionto learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 558255083Posted: 2020-05-21