Food and Nutrition - West - DietaryShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthJob Summary:
Provides nutritional assessments, diet plans and on-going dietary education to patients of Mercy Health Physicians. Essential Job Functions:
Required Minimum Education:Specialty/Major:
- Conducts nutritional assessments of referred patients.
- Plans and provides individualized and group nutrition education/counseling to patients to address health issues such as diabetes and obesity.
- Properly and thoroughly documents all consultations/education provided to patients.
- Returns phone calls/emails in a timely manner.
- Develops and updates patient education materials.
- Reviews literature, professional journals, and attends conferences and programs to update skills and continuously improve and maintain professional competence.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):Required:
- Nutrition, dietetics, or related field
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Licensed and registered dietitian in Ohio.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position requires the incumbent to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills for patients in the following age categories:
- 2 years of previous clinical health care experience and teaching experience of adult learners is preferred.
- Child, 1- 12 years
- Adolescent, 13-17 years
- Adult, 18-64 years
- Geriatric, 65 years and older
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions.
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently.
- Identifies and understands issues and problems.
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications.
- Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- General office environment works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air conditioned office area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
- Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.
- Potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- May be constantly interrupted; requiring changing from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- May have periods of constant interruptions.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Food and Nutrition - West - Dietary All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 558255142Posted: 2020-05-21