Med/Surg Unit - Lorain - Two WestShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthGeneral Summary
Functioning as a member of the Care Delivery Team, the Patient Care Assistant (PCA) provides basic patient care and activities of daily living under the direct supervision of the RN team leader. Performs assigned selected functional tasks relative to patient care and the unit environment. Reports all findings, information and observations to the RN team leader. Documents findings within capabilities on the appropriate forms. Cleans and restocks various nursing units. Retrieves medical records as necessary. Performs various clerical duties and acts as messenger as necessary. Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to read, write and perform basic arithmetic at a level normally acquired through completion of a high school education is necessary.
2. Requires the completion of a two-week Nurse Aide Training Program and achievement of a passing grade on the State of Ohio Test for Nurse Aides through the Ohio Department of Health; this requirement may be completed after being hired. One year of experience may be substituted for STNA certification
3. Generally requires two weeks of orientation and approximately three to six months related work experience in order to function independently.
4. Communication skills (written, verbal, and nonverbal) necessary in order to relate well with people of varying backgrounds including patients, family and staff.
5. Current CPR certification is required through American Heart.Working Conditions Reporting Relationships
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- Regular (up to fifty percent of work time) exposure to communicable diseases and certain distasteful patient care activities.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail fifty to eighty percent of work time.
- Substantial physical effort exerted up to fifty percent of work time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend up to eighty percent of work time.
- A medium-heavy physical workload demand based on a Mercy Industrial Rehab. Standard Work Classification Table adapted from the US DOT Dictionary of Occupational Titles
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Med/Surg Unit - Lorain - Two West All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 558255183Posted: 2020-05-21