Radiation Oncology - St. ElizabethShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The staff Radiation Therapist under the indirect supervision of the Radiation Oncologist, Physicist, and Manager: directs the daily operations of the treatment area ensuring quality, directs and promotes radiation therapy standards for patient care, is actively involved in patient care, and assists in planning the services provided to achieve the objectives of the hospital.
- Properly sets up the treatment room, devices, and parameters as ordered by the Radiation Oncologist. Properly identifies the patient. Monitors the patient visually an audibly during the treatment. Reinforces instructions given to the patient. Maintains patient markings. Must maintain required mental applications of positioning patients according to prescriptions as well as physical aspects requiring lifting heavy treatment devices and transporting paitents. Wears film badge properly.
- Coordinates treatment area activities and scheduling inpatients with other procedures. Documents thoroughly in the treatment record and initials, date, and time all entries.Schedules simulations, gamma meds, and other procedures as ordered on the prescription. Performs brachytherapy procedures. Performs simulations as needed.
- Performs daily QA on the equipment in accordance with the instructions given by physics, and notifies the physicist of any equipment or readings that are unusual. Maintains equipment and reports problems promptly. Performs weekly SSD checks in a timely manner. Observes radiation safety practices. Assists in any changes to treatment devices. Follows through on instructions given by Radiation Oncologist in correction of portal images. Verifies accuracy of MLC's
- Reviews billing and demonstrates responsibility in the accuracy of those charges. Submits daily billing in a responsible and timely manner.
- Performs ancillary duties as time permits such as filing, answering phones, scheduling, running errands, etc. as needed.
- Monitors supplies for the treatment area. Empties linen daily, and replenishes the linen stock.
- Keeps Management informed of any concerns, complaints, or situations related to staff, patients, and physicians. Attend meetings as required; may participate in educational programs and in-service meetings. Services on committees as needed. Participates in ODH, state, federal, and NRC inspections.
- Delivers on our Promise by always demonstrating excellent patient experience behaviors. Conveys compassion and respect for the patient/customer and co-worker. Consistently delivers the nursing 5 must haves to include: purposeful hourly rounding, using whiteboard as tool for patient communication, bedside shift report/handoff, "M" in the box - explanation about medication, no pass zone rule and AIDET. Consistent utilizes the other Mercy Health customer experience tools including 5 Foot/10 Foot rule, iCare and Caring Out Loud. (Note: Failure to perform satisfactorily in this essential function will block incumbent from a satisfactory performance evaluation rating.)
Required Education: Completion of ARRT approved Radiation Therapy Program
Preferred Education- 4 yr Bachelors Degree in Applied Science, Radiologic Imaging
Licensure/Certifications: Certification in Radiation Oncology from an ARRT approved school. Holds a current ODH license in Radiation Oncology. Holds a current license in Radiation Oncology from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
1-2 years of experience
Communicates effectively by demonstrating strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Experience in Radiation Therapy and CT Simulation.
Direct Care - Physical Demands
Occasional - 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent - 34 to 66% of workday
Constant - 67 - 100% of workday
Not at all - 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72"; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36" from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18"; bilateral carry, 30', 27#; push/pull 100', 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6"-36" from floor; lift 0-20# 36"-48" from floor; lift 0-20# 6"-72" from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification - MH employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Radiation Oncology - St. Elizabeth All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com