Sterile Processing - WestShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Provides inventory and supply support, including sterile supplies and surgical instrumentation, to all Surgical Patient Care areas, including monitoring of infection prevention and control quality parameters, and all processes related to creating sterile products. Essential Functions:
- Identifies surgical instrumentation by surgical specialty: General, Gynecological, Robotic, ENT, Orthopedics, Neurological, Vascular, Obstetrical, Urological, etcetera. Including functionality testing, assembly and disassembly as required.
- Knows and applies various detergents and chemical disinfectants for use in the decontamination and removal of blood, bone, and other body tissues from contaminated surgical equipment.
- Operates and has understanding of various sterilizers and sterilizing techniques required to produce sterile packages for use in the surgical setting,Package assembly must have aseptic protocols in mind. Sterilization includes regular quality assurance monitoring through chemical and biological indicators.
- Fulfills surgical patient material needs by building case cart requisitions and immediate requests as required, and delivers items to the end users by various transportation modes within the facility as part of supply management.
- Uses various information systems required for different functions, including Censitrac Instrument Tracking, HSM and PHS or Epic for surgery schedules and surgeon preference cards, PMM for supply ordering and management, as well as other programs within the Mercy IT system including, but not limited to: iLearn, PeopleSoft, Kronos, and SafeCare.
- Documents all activities as required within the outlined processes, and reporting of variances that may effect the outcome of sterile products or patient care and safety.
- Identifies and resolves infection control issues in and around transport of biological hazardous materials, including the use of universal precautions and correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as sterile product identification.
- Supervises other staff members and oversees the department's daily production, including communicating with scrub techs, nurses, and surgeons as needed in order to meet patient's needs.
- Precepts training of new techncians and ongoing process improvement quality measures as needed.
High school diploma required
Certification in Central Service/ Sterile Processing Technology through IAHCSMM or CBSPD. required
Additional certification through IAHCSMM or CBSPD at the CHL or Supervisor level preferred
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Sterile Processing - West All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 558255193Posted: 2020-05-21