Ambulance Ambulette - LifestarShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthAMBULETTE DRIVER
The Ambulette Driver is responsible for safe non-emergency transportation of ambulatory and wheelchair passengers to and from destinations for health care related services. The driver will observe all safe driving guidelines in full compliance with all road and vehicle laws as well as the standards and protocols developed for this non-emergency service. This also involves keeping the unit in good repair with timely notification of any repairs needed. The unit will be kept clean and presented in a professional manner. Further, the driver must interact with passengers on a friendly basis. Remains calm in any unexpected emergency situation and performs CPR and/or basic first-aid as needed. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Must be a High School graduate or the equivalent (GED).
Basic first-aid knowledge and CPR Certified.
Valid driver's license with no serious traffic violations.
Ability to coordinate scheduling duties with driving functions.
Must have telephone and reliable transportation.
Must pass a pre-employment physical.
Previous non-emergency transportation experience desirable. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires driving in adverse weather conditions.
Prolonged sitting in driver seat.
Pushing and pulling wheelchairs.
Lifts, positions, pushes and transfers patients.
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
Must be capable of lifting fifty pounds.
Demands fast reflexes and 20/20 vision (or corrective lenses) and no impairment to hearing.
Climbing up and down stairs.
Subject to long and irregular hours.
Exposed to unpleasant driving conditions, accident and illness.
Subjected to varying and unpredictable situations.
Strict compliance to universal precautions as needed.
Contact with passengers of all ages and disease conditions. Key Job Duties, Responsibilities and Project
1. Complies with established ambulance service and hospital policies, procedures, and practices to assure that standards of quality, efficiency and safety are met.
2. Deals fairly, reasonably, considerately, and honestly with all people associated with the ambulance service and hospital in any way. Respects other's dignity and rights. (i.e.: employees, visitors, patients, etc.)
3. Operates ambulette safely and observes all road and vehicle laws.
4. Transports ambulatory and wheelchair bound passengers to and from scheduled destinations. Some passengers may need assistance.
5. Directs and guides passenger activities from arrival and drop off at desired destinations.
6. Performs CPR and/or basic first-aid as needed.
7. Communicates with central dispatch via radio for any changes or instructions to schedule, passenger status, and emergencies.
8. Ascertains appropriate passenger information for purposes of billing, scheduling, and report generation.
9. All passengers paying by cash will be given a receipt and all cash will be turned over to ambulance service business office immediately.
10. Unit check list to be completed daily. All needed repairs should be communicated to management immediately.
11. Wash and clean unit daily so that it is represented as such. Fuel tank must be filled to capacity prior to end of shift.
12. Creates and maintains good working relationships with fellow employees and other hospital employees.
13. Keeps patient information and other sensitive information confidential at all times.
14. Participates in staff meetings and stays abreast of changes in policies and procedures.
15. Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
16. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values (Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life, Service) of Mercy Health Partners.
17. Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Ambulance Ambulette - Lifestar All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org