Oncology Nursing - FairfieldShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Unit Secretary is responsible for coordinating communications, performing unit receptionist activities, and accountable for routine clerical activities in a nursing unit. The Unit Secretary often fulfills the role of the first interaction visitors and patient in the inpatient unit. The interaction between the Unit Secretary and other members is key to ensuring a safe, patient centered work environment. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Ensure call lights and telephone are answered in timely. Responds to call lights and patient needs. Assists with meal tray delivering when necessary.
- Answers phone calls and questions from patients/clients, visitors, volunteers, medical staff, and co-workers. Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors, patients/families, employees and other departments as necessary.
- Completes inpatient call backs as directed by management.
- Performs checks to notify consulting physicians of inpatient consults as needed. Schedules discharge follow up appointments. Assists in recording traumas and codes within the facility.
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GEDSpecialty/Major:Preferred Education:Specialty/Major:Licensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
BLS Required (Youngstown, Tiffin, Cincinnati (within 30 days, Springfield within first 6 months)Licensure/Certification Preferred:
Tiffin: STNA preferredMinimum QualificationsMinimum Years and Type of Experience:Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:
Proficient computer/typing skills. Youngstown Region - Must complete medical terminology class within one year of hire.Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred:
Prefer at least 6 months previous medical experience or healthcare experience in a hospital or physician office setting. Competency in medical terminology.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Oncology Nursing - Fairfield All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 558255249Posted: 2020-05-21