Med/Surg Unit - Lorain - Two WestShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthGeneral Summary
Assumes the responsibility for caring for a group of complex patients requiring an initial assessment and ongoing monitoring of their condition. Demonstrates clinical competency, evidence of nursing leadership, and coordinates the nursing care of a specific group of patients. Nursing care reflects independent assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's physical, psychological, and sociocultural needs. Precepts new employees as assigned. Demonstrates competencies in the use of equipment essential in the care of patient age groups as indicated. A CN II is the second step of the Mercy (CHP) Clinical Ladder. This is the competent Staff Nurse level. Minimum Knowledge and Skills, Etc.
- Graduation from a state-accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure from the state of Ohio as an RN
- Successful completion of general and unit-specific orientation and hospital probationary period. Completes Orientation Checklist.
- Obtains/maintains a minimum of 12 contact hours of continuing education annually which includes Fire Safety and BLS/CPR Recertification
- Must have theoretical knowledge combined with clinical experience in providing nursing care for a variety of patients. Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing with people of varying backgrounds
- Obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of assignment to the ER and maintain certification
- Obtains/maintains BLS/CPR recertification
- Neonatal and Pediatric Life Support are strongly encouraged
Moderate level of physical exertion required. Occasional exposure to adverse conditions.
A medium-heavy physical workload demand based on a CHP Industrial Rehab. Standard Work Classification Table adapted from the US DOT Dictionary of Occupational
Titles Reporting Relationships
Responsible to Nurse Manager, or in his/her absence, the Administrative Supervisor. May receive direct instructions from Charge Nurse or Director.
Workers supervised: Licensed Practical Nurses and Patient Care Assistants
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Med/Surg Unit - Lorain - Two West All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 558255251Posted: 2020-05-21