Core Laboratory - AndersonShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Manages all aspects of laboratory services for the clinical laboratory at designated sites; interacts with other hospital services to support coordination of patient care activities and achieve performance improvement activities.
Required Minimum Education:
- Works to improve Laboratory operations and establish objectives related to quality metrics. Monitors quality indicators to identify opportunities for improvement and submits monthly reports of monitors. Presents results of quality improvement activities at Regional Laboratory Management and Hospital Quality committees.
- Manages laboratory department including staffing, scheduling and onboarding of new employees. Schedules staff to meet laboratory service requirements, productivity goals and staffing budget.
- Evaluates the performance of department staff and completes performance appraisals with input from Lead Technologists. Counsels staff concerning issues that require investigation and works toward resolution.
- Maintains effective internal communication with staff, management and other regional managers. Collaborates with other hospital departments and physicians as needed to resolve problems and complaints. Serves as facilitator for regional laboratory committees and coordinates activities for completion of projects and implementation of new procedures.
- Monitors laboratory expenses to meet budgetary goals. Works with the Laboratory Regional Director and participates in forecasting, planning and budgeting. Works with Laboratory Regional Director to develop plans for capital replacement and acquisition in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Develops and reviews general laboratory procedure and policy manuals. Monitors staff adherence to established hospital and laboratory policies, including safety.
- Ensures compliance with the CAP terms of accreditation and other applicable regulations, along with the Laboratory Medical Director and Laboratory Regional Director. Serves as point person to manage general laboratory requirements including employee competency, proficiency testing, accreditation activities, safety and document control.
4 year bachelors degree- Health SciencesRequired certifications/ licensures:
MT or equivalent Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Five years working experience in a clinical laboratory required.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Meets CLIA requirements for a general supervisor.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Supervisory or management experience preferred.This position requires the incumbent to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills for patients in the following age categories:
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Core Laboratory - Anderson All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 558255278Posted: 2020-05-21