Nursing - Mercy College of OhioShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy College of Ohio
This is an academic position in which the faculty member is responsible for assessing, planning, implementation, teaching, and evaluation of assigned courses, as well as the curriculum within the specific division.
- Assumes responsibility for classroom/clinical/laboratory instruction of assigned courses.
- Facilitates a learning and caring environment, which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the uniqueness of each individual.
- Evaluates student progress and maintains appropriate records.
- Remains current with trends, issues and practices in the discipline.
- Contributes to the evaluation ofstudent academic achievement and other evaluative processes of the College.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and implementation of the general education philosophy.
- Serves on college committees as appointed or elected.
- Actively involved in professional development and scholarly activities.
- Participates in peer, self, and course review.
- Upholds and promotes the Mercy Health Mission and Core Values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, sacredness of life and service.
Graduate Degree in Nursing or related field is REQUIRED
Post-Graduate degree in Nursing or related field is preferred
Active and unencumbered Ohio RN licensure is REQUIRED Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Experience for at least two years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse. Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Demonstrated experience in clinical, laboratory or classroom setting in appropriate field.
Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated use of appropriate technology in the classroom.
Flexibility to meet the needs of the specific division and students. Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Teaching experience in a college or university preferred.
Active and current membership in professional and community organizations.
Evidence of or potential for scholarly achievement in appropriate field.
MercyCollege of Ohiois an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Nursing - Mercy College of OhioAll applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com.