Join Our Community of Food People!
Provide direction to front end employees as necessary, advising employees and solving operating issues and improving overall performance and conditions. Maintain an atmosphere of superior customer service focusing on the company's mandate: great food, great food people and making the customer experience easy. Responsible for ensuring that store personnel are auditing all customer purchases and verifying that all purchases are supported by the proper receipts. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that customers have a positive in-store shopping experience by providing a key point of customer contact.
- Maintain an atmosphere of superior customer service focusing on the company's mandate: great food, great food people and making it easy.
- Provide customer support in various retail store operations including, processing returns, complaint resolution, sales/product questions or assistance, cashiering support and greeting customers.
- Monitor customer activities in the front of the store and assist customers with check out process. Ensure that the proper staff are conducting product scans on all out-going shopping carts, matching goods against customer receipts.
- Complete all incident and investigation reports and all paperwork related to audits and other shortage control programs.
- Follow the procedures for notifying management of any suspicious persons or activity.
- Ensure a continuing focus on increasing sales and managing shrinkage. Work with customers to ensure that they find the products they need and are made aware of all the other services available to them in the store and through the company.
- Perform cash handling functions including setting up tills, counting down tills, preparing/delivering bank deposits, and getting change for cashiers as assigned.
- Operate sales and cash functions in the Point of Sale (POS) in an efficient and accurate manner. Perform store opening and/or closing responsibilities and all employee tasks, as required.
- Assist with food demonstrations including preparation and set-up of the demo cart/display, distribution of samples of product as per the merchandising program and perform suggestive selling.
- Maintain a store culture that focuses on both initiating and supporting outside sales calls as well as creating a strong, superior service culture within the store.
- Support the training of store employees and assisting as necessary and/or beneficial.
- Assist in maintaining predetermined levels of shelf stock.
- Assist customer with payment for company account, makes cash refunds.
- Adhere to and support all policies and procedures of US Foods and help ensure that the facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Three (3) years experience in a retail selling or customer service. Supervisory or Lead experience preferred. Must possess the ability to work a flexible hourly schedule, which includes holidays and weekends. Must possess and demonstrate competency and proficiency with computer use and spreadsheet creation and usage, word processing, email and internet software. Must have cash handling experience.
Must have the desire and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service. Must possess the ability to quickly assess situations, address issues, and make solid, good business decisions. Must demonstrate good common sense and the ability to think logically through all situations. Must possess the ability to build professional relationships with the client base. Must be motivated and self-driven and consistently demonstrate the ability to analyze customer needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen. Must possess the adaptability and a willingness to help out in order to get the job done, understanding fully that the nature of the business means that staff at all levels within the store will be expected to "roll up their sleeves" and provide whatever is required to offer the customer fast, easy and efficient service. PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed. The incumbent will be required to perform computer keyboarding activities. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The position will also require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required for products, filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. The position requirements may also include lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds for products, files and computer printouts. ***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Posting ID: 558255350Posted: 2020-05-21