Quality Engineer Technical Advisor
KBR is seeking Quality Engineers that would be responsible for quality standards of receiving, in-process, and final inspection in accordance with contract, KBR, and requirements. We have openings in multiple locations, these positions can range from part-time on call to full time and will require travel. Multiple shifts are available.
- Gilbert, AZ
- Logan, UT
- Lancaster, PA
- Chatsworth, CA
- Moorpark, CA
The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include but are not limited to:
Ensures process compliance with contract, KBR and requirements and specifications through tests, inspections, audits and validations for design, engineering, products, equipment, maintenance and services.
Directs the analyses/audits of work performed against a specific process.
Provides support in the operations of the organization's total quality management (TQM) program.
Develops systematic approaches for assuring high quality services and products that meet customer needs.
Makes recommendations on changes to the program for assuring high quality services and products.
Performs all other duties as assigned. Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, in an Engineering, Science, or other Technical Discipline.
- Fifteen (15) or more years' experience in manufacture, assembly and/or quality assurance of NASA space flight hardware.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Be familiar with ISO 9001 and AS9100.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good working knowledge of the full suite of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills enabling their ability to discern intent and errors in technical drawings, specifications and procedures and successfully solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Must possess diplomatic sensitivities relative to programmatic risk management and contractual relationships, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a technical problem-solving background with strong analytical skills.
- Must be proactive and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work side-by-side with other mission assurance personnel including, but not limited to, Prime Contractor, subcontractors, GSFC civil servants, GSFC contractors, and DCMA.
- Must have familiarity with the applicable Project MAR and the technical quality standards invoked therein.
- Master's degree, in an Engineering, Science, or other Technical Discipline.
- 10 or more years' experience in a QE/QI role on NASA projects.
- Experience working/supporting critical path FRB's for a previous NASA project.
- Significant experience, and be able to perform for long hours, in a cleanroom environment. Be able to spend long periods of time standing in the cleanroom
- Be familiar with LMSSC quality management operations, requirements flow-down and compliance, and performance data accumulation and analysis tools and techniques.
IPC J-STD-001xS(Soldering, Space Addendum)
NASA-STD-8739.1 (Staking and Conformal Coating)
NASA-STD-8739.4 or IPC/WHMA-A-620xS (Crimping, Cables & Wiring)
Developer-specific ESD Control training or training traceable to ANSI/ESD S20.20 (Electrostatic Discharge)
NASA-STD-8739.6 (Workmanship Implementation Standard)1
Pre-cap inspection methods derived from MIL-STD-883
Lockheed Martin Space System Corporation Training
Experience with harness work on NASA projects and be able to pass NASA Workmanship classes and prove expertise executing NASA Workmanship requirements.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.