IT Project Manager WHO WE ARE
KBR is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services. WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver! ABOUT THIS POSITION
TheKBR Software and IT Solutions Sector is looking for a Project Manager to support our software development teams.Specifically we are looking for qualified candidates to support multiple projects and provide leadership and guidance on Agile methodologies to multiple teams. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for organizing, facilitating, and motivating the agile project team while driving them towards the organizational vision, aligning them with internal practices and processes to achieve a high level of performance and quality in project deliveries, and help the team to continually improve technical capabilities and refine development practices.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience / Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or relevant discipline (8 years of experience can be substituted for the educational requirements), and 5 years relevant experience,
- Clearance Requirement: US Citizen with a DoD Secret clearance or US Citizen with eligibility for a DoD clearance
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models and traditional project management principles and practices.
- Proven practitioner and delivery using Agile Scrum methodology and techniques such as User Stories, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, and Automated Testing.
- Ability to work closely with all levels of program and organizational personnel, including but not limited to customers, program/project managers, software engineers, testers, quality assurance, release managers, and configuration managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Motivated self-starter, strong logical, creative problem-solving skills and excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiar and comfortable with the implementation of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). For instance, the use of Team Foundation Server's (TFS) full range of features - including Version Control, Work Item Tracking, Builds and Releases.
- Familiarity of the application of modern software engineering languages, technologies, and tools as well as general networking principals and technologies.
Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities LEARN MORE ABOUT KBR:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.