CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Eberly College of Science at The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a dynamic, student-centered professional for the position of Program Coordinator in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, which has a mission to enhance diversity, support student success and foster an inclusive environment throughout the College. With a primary focus on undergraduate students, the Program Coordinator will report to the Assistant Director and support the day to day educational and scholarly activities for students in the Eberly College of Science including the recruitment, retention, and engagement of students.
The Program Coordinator will
- Design, implement, and assess activities for early engagement and outreach for incoming students and college-wide programming for current students
- Meet individually with students from the College and partner with varying offices within the College and across campus as needed to support students' growth and academic success
- Research and advertise external STEM-focused scholarship opportunities to undergraduate students within the College and work one-on-one with current students on the development of scholarship application materials. Help the assistant director and associate dean in reviewing scholarship applications for internal scholarships.
- Initiate and lead student engagement efforts with diversity-focused Science-based student organizations and their executive boards to promote community-building
- Support the assistant director in the implementation of First Year in Science and Engineering (FISE) residential living and learning community
- Help design and facilitate the office's communication strategies to engage students across the College
In support of the assistant director and associate dean, the Program Coordinator will participate in the outreach and recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students from historically underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds and will represent the Eberly College of Science at necessary events.
Qualified applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and a have positive record of working with diverse populations. Intercultural insights and background are important characteristics for this position.
Typically requires a Master's degree or higher plus at least one year of related experience.
This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with possibility of re-funding.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA