CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Learning Center facilitates individual and small group tutoring sessions for all math classes offered at Berks and a variety of other challenging classes such as Biology, Chemistry, Kinesiology, Accounting, Physics, and more. To be considered for this position, you must be a full-time Penn State Berks student. The number of positions available is dependent upon the academic needs of our students per semester.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
- The Tutor will integrate effective study and learning strategies in addition to discussing content information during their sessions with the ultimate goal of assisting the student develop into a successful, independent learner.
- Training for tutors will consist of a mandatory CI200 class in the fall semester (1cr) and CI210 class in the spring semester (1cr). Tutors will have regularly scheduled hours that are determined based on the need of the center and the tutors existing class schedule.
- The tutor will also be responsible for maintaining record of student contact and submit paperwork in a timely manner.
- The minimum requirements of this position are a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher and an "A" in any course being tutored.
- Candidates for this position will adhere to Penn State's Academic Integrity policy, agree to act appropriately in terms of confidentiality, communication, punctuality, and collegiality, and agree to act in a professional manner respecting all types of individuals in our diverse university community.
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies