CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Proposals, Budgeting, and Forecasting Department, located in the Business Services Division of The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University is seeking a Proposal Specialist position to process proposals and support the increased volume through the ARL Proposal Office and provide backup to other Proposal Specialists across the lab to fill in for vacations and leave, enable cross training in other areas, and help with the fluctuating workloads.
- Analyze, review, prepare, and process proposals and budgets, including, but not limited to, firm fixed price, cost plus fixed fee, and time and materials, to various federal agencies and industrial sponsors for the Applied Research Laboratory (ARL)
- Provide improvements in reviewing, analyzing, and processing proposal requirements
- Provide input to functional development and implementation of automated electronic web-based proposal processes, including system requirement development and system testing
- Assist supervisor in maintaining the Proposal Office web site
- Assist with the coordination of individual proposal and proposal system audits with DCAA
This job will be filled as a level 2 or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration or related discipline plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 3.
Required skills and experience include:
- Prior experience preparing, creating and analyzing budgets. Excellent attention to detail and tracking skills are also required.Must work well as part of a team and have demonstrated experience developing strong working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Prior experience in discerning Federal government solicitations, performing cost/price analysis, and knowledge of Federal cost principles
Candidates for consideration must submit a cover letter of interest and a resume.
Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation. You must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the Applied Research Laboratory will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
Employment with the ARL will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. ARL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part of our workforce. CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA