L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Embedded Software/Firmware EngineerJob ID:SAS20201105-45394Job Location: Dayton, OHJob Description:
Must be able to perform with minimal supervision and work independently to:
- Develop, upgrade and maintain firmware in open-loop and closed-loop radar simulators that utilize the Xilinx family of field reprogrammable gate arrays through VHDL and C languages
- Circuit design and specification for high-speed serial, DDR3/4 RAM, SATA protocol data transfer and high-speed digitizers
- Multi-layer circuit board component layout for high-speed digital systems
- Design, implement and upgrade FPGA to solid-state disc drive interface via custom SATA IP core
- System-level integration, upgrades and maintenance of complex radar simulators
- High-speed SERDES design and implementation over copper and fiber
- Bachelor'sDegree in Electrical Engineering
- 9+ years of IDAL radar simulator experience, or commensurate education and military/industry experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of the following:
- IP and Serial network
- Network Hardware (Routers, LAN (L2) switches, Media Converters)
- Cable/Transport technologies (fiber, copper, etc.)
- Understanding of TDM, Network Timing Systems, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Electronics principles
- IRIG timing
- RF Systems (VHF - Ka band)
- Understanding of computer scripting (DOS, Linux, etc.)
- Virtual Machines (ESXi, VirtualBox)
- Test Equipment (Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, T1 Test Set, Spectrum Analyzer, DVM, OTDR)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.