L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr. FPGA Engineer -FirmwareJob Code: SAS20201505-45619Job Location: Wilmington, MA
- Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test.
- Perform duties related to the development of signal processing, image processing, and motion control firmware.
- Design and implement digital functions in state-of-the-art FPGA systems.
- Candidate must be capable of porting complex algorithms to various target FPGA technologies, and have a solid understanding of design verification and test bench generation.
- You will work with a highly diverse team of engineers with decades of experience in embedded signal processing system designs.
Preferred additional skills
- BSEE (or equivalent degree)
- At least 6 years of FPGA design and test experience
- Experience in VHDL, Xilinx design process flow, Mentor Graphics ModelSim/Questa and synthesis tools
- Hardware debugging skills & experienced in operation of Signal Generator, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope andEmbedded FPGA Debugging tools
- Familiarity with network interface architectures
- Proficient with a wide range of electronic laboratory test equipment and software related tools; experience with LabVIEW and/or other computer-aided design testing tools
- Active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance
- Travel between our Burlington, MA and Wilmington, MA facilities may be required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.