L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr Specialist, System Safety EngineerJob Code: SAS20201105-45395Job Location: Palm Bay, FlJob Description:
System Safety Engineer supporting various programs within Ground, Space and Airborne Systems.Typical tasks include performance of hazard analysis, causal analysis, risk assessment and reporting.
- Perform hazard analysis, causal analysis, hazard tracking and safety risk assessment tasks IAW MIL-STD-882E
- Generate System Safety Program Plans and Safety Assessment Reports
- Present system safety risk assessment at Customer design review meetings
- Consult with other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Strong oral/written communication and customer interface skills a necessity
- Prepare work estimates, schedule inputs and metric data to project management.
- Work closely with Government customers to ensure that the System Safety requirements are defined and implemented in a way that will allow for the verification and validation of the system
- Experience in any or some of the following areas is desired:
- WSESRB, FISTRP and SSSTRP
- STAMP and STPA
- Safety case development
- Software Safety per DoD Joint Software System Safety Handbook, STANAG 4404, AMCOM 385-17 or AOP 52
- DAL assignment for DO-178 and DO-254 objectives
- Experience with hazardous materials assessment and reporting (NAS-411)
- Experience with MIL-STD-1472 assessing human interface with hardware
- Familiar with FMEA, FMECA, and FTA
- Systems Engineering experience with requirements development and flow-down
- DOORS experience
- Understand quantitative and qualitative safety risk assessments
- Familiar with FRACAS and RCCA activities
- Familiar with Nationally Recognized Test Laboratory (NRTL) testing and certification requirements
- Familiar with OSHA; primarily OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 29 CFR 1924
- CSP is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Team player able to work in small or large team environments and have strong written and oral communications skills
- Possession of a security clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Must have experience and be competent with Microsoft office tools.
- Willing to travel to customer sites if required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.