L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Specialist, Supplier Quality EngineerJob Code: SAS20201505-45608Job Location: Bristol, PAJob Description:
This position is responsible for quality improvement issues related to suppliers and/or subcontractors of materials, products or services used in development or manufacturing.
- Analyze supplier performance anddevelop improvement plans for identified problem areas to drive downsupplier DPPM and nonconformance rates
- Use Six Sigma & Lean conceptsfor supplier improvement of quality and delivery metrics
- Provide training for basic qualitymethodologies to support supplier partnerships
- Support programs assessingpotential new suppliers
- Implement Supplier Partnershipconcepts with focus suppliers
- Review, analyze andreport onquality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical,electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Perform and evaluate root cause andcorrective action to correct product/process deficiencies, ensuringimplementation with suppliers and effectiveness of actions
- Perform elements of Advancedproduct Quality Planning (Process Flow Diagrams & Failure Mode EffectsAnalysis, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, and First Articles)
- Perform SPC, Predictive Qualitymethodologies, and problem-solving methodologies
- Implement ZeroDefect Plans (ZDP) with critical suppliers, acting as the key technical interface between suppliersand L3Harris by assisting suppliers to develop robust processes, performing process/product validations, recommending manufacturability improvements(process and design).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years' experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities.
- OR, Master's Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years' experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities
- Ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive projects to closure
- Demonstrated knowledge in Machining & Fabrication, CCA manufacturing, PWB, Cables/Connectors or electronics assembly
- Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) using standard RCA tools
- Ability to perform trend analysis
- Willingness to travel up to 75% percent
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of PPAP implementation and associated elements
- Experience with Predictive Quality and problem-solving methodologies
- ISO9001/AS9100 and process audit experience
- Interactive skills, strong written and communication skills
- Supplier Development and Engagement experience
- Experience presenting to upper-level management
- Experience with Predictive Quality
- Lean Concepts
- Commodity management experience
- Supplier Development and Engagement experience
- Special process audit experience
- ZDP Project Management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.