L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Sr Specialist, Finance - IR&D Analyst Job Code:
SAS20201205-45476 Job Location:
Palm Bay, FL Job Description:
The SAS IR&D Finance team is responsible for compiling and reporting progress against the SAS segment IR&D budget, forecast, and authorization limits. This position focuses on supporting discretionary expense by generating reports and analysis for the team to quantify yearly, quarterly, and monthly forecasts. Generally this role will interface with the individual IR&D teams to assist with financial requests and determine the best approach for a solution. Reporting is provided for the benefit of all IR&D stakeholders as well as being used for the Segment's Monthly Financial Review (MFR) to Corporate. The position interfaces with all levels of the organization and there is a great opportunity to create processes that drive efficiencies by utilizing Hyperion and Tableau.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for knowing L3Harris policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing reports for variances among actuals, forecasts, and plan.
- Interface with Sectors and Divisions on questions and concerns over business cases.
- Helping to ensure segment deliverables are met.
- Ensure CHQ processes and rigor are followed without exception.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance with6 plus years of directly, applicable experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's with 4 plus years' experience; or equivalent.
- 2+ years' experience with Hyperion, SharePoint, and Peoplesoft Queries and Modules.
- 4+ years' experience years with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or Access. Excel knowledge including but not limited to pivot tables, lookups, relational formulas and query usage.
- Strong communication skills (Oral, Written, Listening).
- Strong customer service skills. Willing to go out of the way to help stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people of all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and issues in a timely manner with general supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a dynamic environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.