L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Mission Solutions System Engineer-TS/SCIJob ID:SAS20202005-45752Job Location: Palm Bay, FLJob Description:
L3Harris has been focused on the "high frontier" since the beginning of the Space Age. We help protect U.S. space assets and access to space by developing, modernizing, and sustaining the ground-based radars and optical systems that find, fix, and track objects in space. We ensure the delivery of critical information from those systems for effective battle management, command, and control. Looking further into space, Harris' optical systems, as part of the world's most advanced telescopes and observatories, and related services enable scientists to gain a clearer picture and better understanding of the universe.
- Provides systems engineering expertise and technical leadership in a broad field of engineering, research, evaluation and development for highly complex systems
- Applies systems engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Specifies, architects, analyzes, models, establishes flow downs and verifies designs, tests and verifies complex engineering tasks in electrical, mechanical, optical, software, systems, and/or hardware components
- Participate in and potentially lead business pursuit efforts
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Top Secret security clearance required
- Technical leadership with CSE experience
- Experience in signal processing and satellite systems
- Experience in at least one of the following areas preferred: software, precision mechanisms/control systems, secure systems, and RF
- Ability to work closely with customers, Business Development, and all other functional disciplines
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to work with internal and external resources
- Understanding of SE development processes and life cycle
- Team player able to work in a large program environment
- Fast learner able to adjust to project needs and learn new skills quickly
- Experience in risk management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.