L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Material HandlerJob Code: SAS20201305-45501Job Location: Bristol PAJob Description:
Perform a variety of physical and administrative tasks to support the shipping, receiving, storing counting, kitting and distribution of materials, parts supplies and equipment, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary. Essential Functions:
- Receives incoming materials, unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders.
- Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated
- Maintains records of received goods, packing sheets, and other documents.
- Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment.
- Knowledge of material handling procedures and Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Receives and verifies the accuracy and conditions of each shipment.
- Performs all stock keeping functions for EEE, metal parts, PWBs, CCAs, raw materials, chemicals, office supplies, and other related materials.
- Performs picking and kitting per parts list. Verifies all related documentation for being accurate and up to date.
- Receives items and verifies against copies of purchase records or other records.
- Records transaction details in ERP system andor other media as per processprocedures.
- Receives requisitions for items in stockroom, secure correct materials, and issues to requesting department.
- Prepares Assembly Operation Control Book ensuring all relevant documentation is entered.
- Performs weekly purge of expendables in accordance with provided shelf life tracking sheets.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 months of prior related experience.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime to include nights/weekends as needed
- Prior experience using Infor LN ERP system in an inventory support role
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.