L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Business Analyst - Manufacturing Cost ManagementJob Code:SAS20200405-45161Job Location: Malabar, FLJob Description:
The Business Analyst provides business analytics and reporting to manufacturing operations on production programs. Identifies and develops metrics by working with users and stakeholders to understand data visualization and reporting requirements. Translates business results into meaningful metrics and recommendations aimed at improving performance. Responsible for performing financial and business performance analysis. Defines configuration specifications and business analysis requirements. May partner with leaders to assess needs and define requirements.Essential Functions:
- Develop monthly performance inputs through evaluation of historical data points and analyzing future performance trends.
- Perform detailed cost analysis with recommendations on focus areas to drive improvements
- Performs detailed analysis and develops Basis of Estimate (BOE) inputs and determines learning curve analysis from research into similar programs.
- Uses office automated systems such as PS, MPM, MS Office to input data, generate reports,
- Create, design, and develop complex data analysis tools including macro-based solutions using visual basic to complete detailed analysis on program financials
- Develop baseline cost planning inputs through gathering manufacturing execution plan data to establish monthly cost and schedule indices
- Chair action plan closure meetings while ensuring timely follow up and action closure
- Responsible for preparing documents, spreadsheets, reports, and presentations
- This position may require occasional overtime work
- May Schedule and arrange meetings or other events
- Works closely with Manufacturing and Quality engineering team members, as well as Program Management Leadership
- Responsible for preparing documents, spreadsheets, reports, and presentations.
Works under general supervision. May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.Qualifications:
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with excel and data management.
- Prior experience with EVMS, Excel macros and/or proposals or BOEs.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to develop and bring to completion multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Highly interactive and willing to work in team environment.
- Willing to learn new skills and environments.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.